Peace Of Mind Transitions
Dear Clients and Colleagues,
I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and well during these trying times. I would like to take a moment to update you on how Peace of Mind Transitions is working to protect our clients, our team and the senior living communities we work with during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are closely monitoring updates from the CDC and World Health Organization, as well as Federal and State agencies. Our primary mission, at all times, is to safely help our clients through their transition to a new home and to insure that the process is as easy and stress-free as possible.
Given the current environment, we have instituted the following new protocols for our move process:
- All Peace of Mind Transitions associates are verbally screened prior to jobs to ensure that they are fever-free, do not have flu-like symptoms, and have not knowingly been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Our team wears masks at all times. Breaks are taken for hand washing with soap and water or to use sanitizing gel. Gloves are worn when appropriate.
- We disinfect surfaces prior to starting the workday and then sanitize all surfaces, including doorknobs, light switches and counter tops, before we leave.
- Moves are scheduled across multiple days to limit the number of people working in close proximity and to enable our team to maintain proper social distancing.
- Boxes and furniture are sprayed with a sanitizing spray after the moving company has unloaded them in the new space, but before our team begins unpacking. This practice keeps our team safe and limits the transfer of bacteria into the new home.
In addition to these protocols, we adhere to all guidelines and procedures established by the senior living community we are working in. We are committed to providing our clients a personalized and safe service, while striving for the highest level of professionalism.
Although we are in a period of reduced operations, we are dedicated to the continued education of the Peace of Mind Transitions team. Two of our managers are completing training to receive their Senior Move Manager Certification, and our Team Leads have participated in multiple trainings on move management and working with seniors, including additional specialized training with Teepa Snow on supporting clients with dementia.
We thank you for the trust you’ve shown in working with Peace of Mind Transitions. We will continue to keep you updated on our operations, and please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.